£12.35 - £12.97 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Estate Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To provide an estate based housing management service for all residents at Wood side Park Gypsy and Traveller site.
- Support and empower residents to influence what happens around their homes and to work as one in cohesion within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver an estate based housing management service for residents of
Wood side Park Gypsy and Traveller site, including assistance in completing forms etc.
- Provide advice, assistance and information to residents by way of office interviews, home visits and telephone calls, written correspondence and email, efficiently and courteously with particular emphasis on customer care.
- Respond to housing enquiries and complete application forms for site pitches.
- Allocate pitches to appropriate applicants on receipt of required documentation and references.
- Accompany prospective tenants to view pitches and complete sign-up paperwork with new tenants.
- Complete an inventory of and photographically record all fixtures and fittings on each pitch before and after each tenant moves on/off site.
- Respond to housing enquiries and complete application forms for site pitches. Allocate pitches to appropriate applicants on receipt of required documentation and references
- Assist the area Housing Officer to deal with all estate related matters.
- Notify the appropriate service of any illegal encampments, caravans or trespassers on the general area of the site and individual pitches.
- Co-ordinate and report repairs required to the Housing Maintenance Team in accordance with policy and procedure. This will include responsibility for reporting health and safety issues on site, maintaining site security and keeping the site in a tidy and litter free condition.
- Carry out daily water sampling, recording results and informing Environmental Services where there is an issue.
- Respond promptly to sewerage system issues by contacting Environmental Services.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all records held in carrying out the required duties.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of any incident as soon as practicable after the incident.
- Inspect the site on a weekly basis to ensure there are no items that may cause a health and safety hazard to residents and their visitors, ensuring required action is taken promptly.
- Attend site walkabouts with the area Housing Officer on a six monthly basis
- Conduct a programme of annual pitch inspections so that the condition of the amenity unit and slab can be verified.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in dealing with customers both face to face, in writing, and by telephone.
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity and respond positively to the views of others.
- Able to work independently prioritising own workload and as part of a team, understanding the needs of teamwork.
- Possess GCSE English Grade C or equivalent standard.
- Must be able to make concise written reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow laid down policies and procedures.
- Must be able to deal with pressurised situations in a controlled and effective manner.
- Excellent IT skills, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of multi agency or community development working with Gypsies & Travellers and/or those from other minority ethnic backgrounds.
- Full current driving licence.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunity practices, and legislation.
- Knowledge of Housing, welfare and council tax benefits.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases