Up to £12.35 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking an Estate Officer on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £12.35 Per Hour PAYE.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Court when necessary as a professional witness.
- Play an active part in ensuring that residents are kept well informed of
- Housing management, maintenance and development activities affecting them. This may involve attendance at meetings, which may fall outside normal working hours.
- To be proactive in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Where there
- Are safeguarding concerns then the post holder needs to report these in line with the council's safeguarding procedures which can be found in the Child Protection Policy and Vulnerable Adults Policy. The post holder will be required to complete regular safeguarding training.
- Maintain and develop a positive relationship with staff, contractors, and
- Partners and work with agencies to support independence and facilitate understanding between Gypsy and Travellers and the wider community.
- Ensure any accident to staff, residents or visitors are reported in accordance with the existing procedures.
- Carry out established procedures in connection with fire alarms/bomb alerts and emergencies.
- Undertake any other duties that the Head of Housing & Property may reasonably require
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in dealing with customers both face to face, in writing and over phone
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity and respond positively to the views of others
- Able to work independently prioritising workload and as part of a team, understanding the needs of teamwork
- Possess GCSE English Grade C or equivalent standard
- Must be able to make consise written reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow laid down policies and procedures
- Experience of a multi-agency or community development working with Gypsies & Travellers and/or those from other minority ethnic backgrounds
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunity practices, and legislation
- Knowledge of Housing, welfare and council tax benefits
- Full current driving license
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases