£24.10 - £25.31 per hour
14 days ago
Our client is seeking a Environmental Protection Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide technical expert advice and support, working with a range of internal, external customers and partners as part of a specialist team. Ensure that the Council's statutory duties and policies are implemented and enforced and/or provide specialist technical input to Council policy making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist advice to customers on interpreting and applying policies and technical principles ensuring that effective customer relationshipd are established and maintained by giving clear and accurate advice quickly, making sure that the council is aware of any implications, risks and benefits and that the policy proposals are developed. If relevant, provide expert witness evidence.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with department and Council policies, regulations and codes of practice.
- Prepare and present reports as required on a range of technical issues ensuring that they meet Council guidelines, are completed on time and the Council's position is advocated.
- If relevant: assist in the supervision and development of a team. Co-ordinate, allocate and check the work of teams, ensuring that performance objectives are achieved and team work is effective.
- Give technical guidance and training to team members and other colleagues and partners as required.
- Develop solutions and put forward recommendations to resolve to issues, ensure that they are successfully implemented and that service regulations and codes of practice are adhered to.
- Input into service plans procedures and systems of work and propose changes to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- If relevant: plan and monitor spending from technical budgets.
- Be the Council's expert witness as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have a relevant professional or equivalent degree level qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have relevant practical experience, backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge.
- You will demonstrate authoritative knowledge of the specialist area.
- You will have good persuasion and influencing skills.
- You will have experience of planning work activities within general professional guidelines and/or Council's policies.
- You will demonstrate knowledge in the use of appropriate software packages including in house systems.
- You will be able to determine your own priorities in dealing with competing workloads
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Where appropriate you will have some financial experience or training to manage budgets.
- If relevant: you may have experience of and the ability to supervise and develop a team.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases