£17.39 - £18.26 per hour
5 months ago
We have and exciting opportunity for a Environmental Health Officer / Enforcement Officer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Environmental Health Officer / Enforcement Officer, your main duties will include:
- To support the Council's image, reputation, employee code of conduct and objectives.
- To maintain high standards of knowledge, competency and skills within your area of required expertise by participating in personal learning and development where necessary or required.
- To provide high quality, sound, timely and accurate professional advice, guidance and information about any work matter, to customers or colleagues, in a format that is understandable and appropriate.
- To scrutinise customer statutory applications, notifications, consultations, schemes, licences, registrations and make executive decisions using any powers that have been delegated to you.
- To scrutinise draft Council policies, reports, committee papers, procedures, protocols, risk assessments, service plans, action plans and proposals; and advise on their adequacy within your required field of professional expertise.
- To prepare, interpret and present literate, numerate, accurate, understandable and timely reports, documents, spreadsheets, data analysis and feedback. To properly handle evidence, records and data to ensure that confidentiality, evidence integrity, data protection and freedom of information requirements are observed
To be successful for this Environmental Health Officer / Enforcement Officer post you will need to have:
- Knowledge and experience of preventing damage and control of pests
- Knowledge and experience of private drainage investigations
- Knowledge of filthy and verminous premises investigations
- Knowledge of dealing with hoarders
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.