£25 - £26.25 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Environmental Health Officer - Advanced to join our clients offices based in Dartford on a temporary contract basis for 2 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Environmental Health Officer - Advanced, your main duties will include:
- Carry out, as directed, a range of services in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, corporate policies, local procedures and good professional practice. This will include but is not limited to: inspections, projects, surveys, alternative enforcement activities, publicity, attending meetings, processing applications, visits, investigating complaints and service requests, sampling, dealing with safety notifications and asbestos removals, accident investigations, monitoring, gathering evidence, revisits, making test purchases, carrying out PACE interviews, taking statements and determining appropriate action.
- To competently deal with the processing of applications, notifications, referrals, consultations, schemes, licences, registrations and grants, carry out reviews and give approval, as directed using any powers that have been delegated.
- To undertake consistent, proportionate, targeted, accountable and transparent enforcement action, in accordance with best practice advice and guidance and enforcement policies, to resolve any identified non-compliances. This may include seizing goods, prohibitions, closures, preparing and serving statutory and fixed penalty notices, simple cautions and other legal documents.
- To conduct investigations and other enforcement work with regard to legislation, such as the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE), the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), Criminal Proceedings and Investigations Act (CPIA) and Human Rights Act (HRA), which confines the scope of action.
To be successful for this Environmental Health Officer - Advanced post you will need to have:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health recognised by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or equivalent Health and Safety and Food Safety qualification in accordance with the FSA Statutory Code of Practice.
- Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.
- Evidence of active participation in continuing professional development
- Recent suitable and practical experience within food safety and health and safety enforcement.
- Recent experience of carrying out planned food hygiene, food standards and health and safety inspections.
- Ability to inspect high risk premises for Food Hygiene, Food Standards and Health and Safety
- Recent experience of examining food safety management systems based on HACCP principles and health and safety risk assessments.
- Recent experience of advising directors, managers, employees and complainants in particular on food issues and health and safety and interpreting legislation
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.