West End, London
£25.00 - £26.25 per hour
13 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer - Advanced to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Environmental Health Officer - Advanced, your main duties will include:
- To respond to, investigate and resolve, within published service standards, wherever possible, complaints regarding poor housing conditions in the private sector.
- Undertake planned inspections as part of the team's pro-active inspection programme and HMO licensing regime. Prepare schedules and plans where appropriate in order that enforcement notices/orders can be served/made and HMO licences issued.
- Undertake the processing of HMO licence applications, draft licence conditions and where appropriate take enforcement action for non-licensing or breach of licence conditions
- Undertake inspections under the Housing Health and Safety Rating system and other legislation, consider the nature of hazards and defects found, appraise and take the most appropriate course of action within the Council's policies and procedures. Where notices are not complied with instigate works in default or prosecution proceedings as appropriate.
- Prepare reports and statements of evidence for legal proceedings and attend, give evidence and assist with the presentation of cases in Court or at the Residential Property Tribunal.
- Contribute to projects and initiatives in relation to engaging stakeholders such as London Landlords' Day, Landlord Accreditation and Environment day.
To be successful for this Environmental Health Officer - Advanced, you will need to have:
- A recognised two-day HHSRS assessors training course
- Recent suitable and practical experience of enforcement in private sector housing.
- Recent experience of surveying Houses in multiple occupation and drafting schedules of work.
- Recent experience of investigating complaints and dealing with enquiries in relation to the Page 8 of 10 Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of undertaking enforcement action under the HHSRS of the Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of processing and assessing the suitability of HMO licence applications
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.