£22.50 - £23.66 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Environmental Health Officer to join our clients offices based in Coalville on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Environmental Health Officer, your main duties will include:
- Investigate complaints relating to commercial premises.
- Conduct investigations into food poisoning, infectious disease, occupational ill health and accidents.
- Carry out sampling and monitoring and take appropriate action on receipt of the results.
- Carry out Port Health duties.
- Complete and maintain appropriate records.
- To be aware of written procedures relating to work activity and comply with them.
- To provide advice, information and guidance to colleagues, other sections within Council, the public, employers and others.
- To prepare and serve appropriate legal notices
To be successful for this Environmental Health Officer post you will need to have:
- 2 years experience in food control or health and safety work gained in the last 3 years
- Environmental Health diploma or degree
- EHRB Certificate of Registration
- A recognised post graduate qualification in health and safety / food control
- Knowledge of current issues in food control
- Knowledge of current issues in health and safety
- Knowledge of current issues in infectious diseases
- Ability to communicate clearly, audibly and fluently
- Effective written communication skills
- Good persuasive skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
Driving Licence Required
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.