£20 - £22 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
15 days ago
A 2 Month+ opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Portsmouth.
We need someone with Local Authority experience who can hit the ground running.
Predominantly home working with office based requirements as and when necessary.
Flexible working is possible - the officer can work up to 37 hrs per week but we will accept 3 working days a week or equivalent split over a shorter working day. Evening working is also possible - actually preferred - as a number of premises require inspection out of normal office hours.
The role will cover the following:
- Food hygiene inspections
- FSA food recalls
- Food complaints
- Investigation in to commercial and domestic statutory nuisance complaints
- Some air quality complaints
- Consultation for planning and licensing applications
- Duty out of hours officer for night noise service
- Water sampling at the port and on vessels
- Ship sanitations certificates
- Rodent control certificates
- Organic/CHEDD certificates
- Other issues that may arise for food, noise, pollution and the port.
- Qualifications required of the successful applicant are, the Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the inspection of food businesses
- Demonstrable compliance with CIEH CPD requirements and the FLCofP competency criteria
Rate of Pay
There is flexibility on the rate for the right candidate depending on experience.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.