£25 - £40 per hour + Umbrella
about 1 month ago
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Environmental Health Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Torridge.
- Carry out advisory and enforcement duties in respect of environmental health regulatory functions (food safety)
- Complete designated food premises inspections within allocated time scales, including determination of food hygiene rating to the approved standard, administration and providing advice and support to FBOs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To carry out regulatory duties in respect of environmental health regulatory functions (food safety).
To provide advice and assistance to members of the public, businesses, Members and other agencies in response to enquiries and complaints, to include (subject to amendment in the light of changing legislation or requirements) the following matters
- Food safety / hygiene standards and determination of food hygiene ratings.
- Health and safety of workplaces covered by the council's statutory enforcement jurisdiction (section 19 of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974).
- Port Health duties if required
To investigate, inspect, assess, make recommendations as to the most appropriate course of action to be taken and remedy where necessary, the above activities. To prepare and sign letters, reports, notices and correspondence, to obtain witness statements, to issue cautions and carry out interviews in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and other codes of practice, to examine, seize, detain or condemn articles as necessary and appropriate, and to undertake prosecutions and attend court and tribunals as necessary.
To adhere to all council policy, in particular equal opportunities and health and safety.
Strictly adhere to risk assessment in the conduct of all duties as prescribed by the Council's Safety Policy.
Education, Qualification and Training
- Educated to degree level Environmental Health with additional specialist postgraduate training professional qualification by the Chartered Institute of Environment Health
- EHRB registration at Chartered status
- Completion of Food Standards Agency Lead Officer training
- A broad knowledge of all Environmental Health subject and specialising in Food Safety and Health & Safety, evidence of CPD
- Understanding of the legal controls around investigative processes (PACE, RIPA, etc)
- Applying statutory Food Law Code of Practice and National Local Authority Enforcement Code for Health & Safety at Work.
- Experience of a regulatory role environmental health
- Ability to apply risk management techniques, control measures including enforcement sanctions.
- Comply with the competency requirements for Lead Officers as detailed in the Food Law Code of Practice (England) and competency for H&S as set out in the enforcement code
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.