£22.20 - £23.31 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a Engineer (Traffic Management) on an initial 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To participate in the activities of a Team undertaking a programme of work involving traffic management, road safety, and minor highway improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide assistance in the programming and supervision of the work of a team of Technical Staff.
- Design and implement traffic management and road safety schemes and associated Traffic Regulation Orders, including temporary arrangements for all road users.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of Specifications, Drawings, Calculations and Contract Documents using computer techniques where appropriate.
- Advise on highway and traffic management scheme design and implementation, as required, and provide input to Local Plans, Development Briefs, Developer proposals and other plans and schemes.
- Liaise with the Police, Parish Councils, other organisations and bodies and within the Council as required.
- Check and comment on NRSWA notices from a traffic management and road safety aspect.
- Promotion and development of strategies relating to cycling, walking, accessibility, Park and Ride, traffic calming and community safety.
- Advise on temporary arrangements for major road works and other purposes.
- Advise on priorities and programmes of work and supervise the monitoring of expenditure.
- Assist with the appointment, supervision and monitoring of Consultants.
- Promote safe working practices at all times and ensure the implementation of the Authority's policies on Health & Safety matters (including CDM Regulations).
- Prepare appropriate reports and correspondence with elected Members, outside bodies and members of the public and attend meetings as necessary.
- On occasion to deputise for the Senior Engineer.
- To carry out such other duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Experience:
Experience of highway/traffic management scheme design and implementation, including preparation of drawings, calculations, specifications, contract documents and scheme cost estimates.
GIS and CAD (Computer Aided Design) Experience.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases