£20 - £24.40 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
24 days ago
A 11 Month+ opportunity has arisen for an Engineer within the local authorities in Matlock.
The role will require site assessment of planning applications to be undertaken - therefore the ability to travel within the geographic area of Derbyshire will be essential.
- To prepare Highway comments on planning applications, including preparation of evidence for appeals, pre-application enquiries, legal agreements and other development related matters.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical, financial and other processes associated with the Highways Development Control service and/or the assessment and delivery of highway improvement schemes.
- Ability to identify solutions to complex technical/engineering problems.
- Representing the Highway Authority in its dealings with Local Planning Authorities and the Planning Inspectorate.
- Lead negotiator with applicants and their agents.
- Regular liaison with the public, community groups, other public bodies and consultees.
- Advising and liaising with internal and external Local Authority colleagues.
- Working in partnership with Police, emergency services, statutory undertakers & utilities, Highways England, neighbouring authorities and any other external stakeholders.
- Be the technical and process expert for all aspects of the service, successfully defending the decisions of the Highway Authority in the public arena.
- Representing the council at meetings and events.
- Working under own initiative to demanding timescale on a number of diverse projects.
Rate of pay
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
Hours of work are 09:00am -5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.