£12.16 - £13.16 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
about 2 months ago
12 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Enforcement Officer to join our client's offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £12.16 p/h PAYE.
As the Enforcement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Represent at the Magistrates Court and Valuation Tribunal on behalf of Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council & North Warwickshire Borough Council in relation to Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates
- Represent at the County Court on behalf of Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council in relation to Housing Rents including Rent Possession and Warrants of Eviction, Sundry Debts and Housing Benefit Overpayments.
- Determine appropriate action at the relevant court in accordance with legislation, regulations and case law.
- Undertake interviews with customers in Council Offices and/or own homes to establish appropriate court action or any other recovery action including undertaking means enquiries and make payment arrangements when required.
- Ensure that all warrants, summonses and notices that are issued are duly certified and served as legally required.
- Manage the effective workflow of cases returned from the Enforcement/Collection Agents to determine the most appropriate course of action including pre-court and court action.
- Ensure all available enforcement methods are considered and used appropriately in order to maximise the collection of all monies owed for example but not limited to - Insolvency including instigating Bankruptcy procedures, winding up, charging orders and Committal applications.
- Attend evictions as and when required.
- Deal with enquiries at both the counter and on the telephone as required and undertake private interviews at the Council offices, Magistrates Court, County Court as necessary.
- Assist the Revenues Team Leaders and Revenues Service Manager in establishing and implementing procedures, standards, targets and new initiatives.
- To take the necessary action to trace debtors that have left with no forwarding address and update accounts as appropriate. Where necessary arrange for any write off action to be processed.
- Take the necessary action to deal with complex enquiries and respond in writing, on the telephone or face to face as appropriate.
- Have a working knowledge of the computer system and be aware of the impact the inputting of information has on other systems.
- Liaise with other sections of the Council, enforcement/collection agents and other outside bodies as required.
- To act as a liaison officer with other service units regarding Sundry Debts and Housing Officers regarding tenant matters.
- To have an awareness of issues and vulnerabilities of residents and make referrals as needed e.g. debt advice, child protection, drug & alcohol misuse, etc and to take a holistic view with regard to debt recovery.
To be successful for this Enforcement Officer post you will need to have:
Recent and relevant experience of working in a Local Taxation or Debt Collection environment
- Recent and relevant experience of working in an office environment with computer and manual records
- In-depth knowledge of revenues processes
- Recent and relevant experience of representing at Court
- Experience of representing at Valuation Tribunal
- Experience of recovering unpaid sundry debts and Housing Benefit overpayment
- Experience of recovering Housing rents
- Experience of delivering presentations to a variety of audiences
- IRRV Technician/Relevant qualification in Housing or willingness to work towards
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.