£16.60 - £17.43 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Energy Contracts Officer on an initial 3 months contract with the possibility of an extension.
25 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Contribute to the long term strategic planning of the Council by contract managing corporate services which will ensure the delivery of strategic and service objectives.
In particular to contract manage the Councils energy contracts. Lead on negotiation for new and existing work in the context of the strategic direction of the Council and ensure robust mechanisms are in place to promote effective partnership working with a range of provider organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading on the contract management and day to day relationship with the supplier of energy provision across the Council facilities including schools.
- Understand and report the most commercially viable procurement strategy for energy.
- Engage suppliers through appropriate tender.
- Liaison with council services and partner organisations around energy contracts and usage
- Develop and present procurement strategy for sign off at Procurement Board.
- Develop Customer Access's agreement activities where required.
- Framework performance monitoring of providers.
- Manage Portfolio (review supplier spreadsheets and confirm / challenge to ensure up to date).
- Manage new supplies (Liaise with site and CCS, complete forms and submit).
- Manage supply changes (meters and deletion of supplies).
- Keeping abreast of government strategy changes that may impact on procurement strategy.
- Liaise with current oil framework provider, supplier and sites to confirm any consortium arrangements.
- Manage current portfolio of supplies and meters. Including monitoring supplier performance.
- Monitoring foretasted annual prices and advising internal colleagues, e.g. Finance as part of budget build
- Manage current and historical site supplies, queries and issues
- Handling general energy contract related enquiries, either directly (e.g. from brokers) or by answering FoI's.
- Manual data collection (where meters are not smart or smart meters have stopped polling then manual reads/analysis of historical bills may be required in order to challenge consumption/payments - undertaken either by site personnel and/or by team).
- Keeping abreast of pricing, legislative impacts and market intelligence on energy costs.
- Keeping abreast of pricing, legislative impacts and market intelligence on non-energy costs.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years contracts management preferably in the Energy market.
- Experience of managing framework agreements.
- Two year's experience of data analysis, data interpretation and report writing.
- Experience of working with energy suppliers.
- Experience working with multiple partner organisations.
- Sound understanding of energy markets.
- Familiar with local authority energy requirements.
- Understanding of procurement function within local authority.
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information.
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- Work-related personal qualities.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a complex workload.
- A friendly and approachable manner with customers.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- You have a suitable NI number.
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.