£10.75 - £11.29 per hour
6 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our clients offices based in Coalville on a temporary 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
As the Electrician, your main duties will include:
- Interpret information received from works orders, working drawings and/or verbal instructions, by electronic and manual means.
- Calculate appropriate quantities of materials necessary to complete required tasks.
- Requisition materials from designated stores/suppliers and maintain vehicle stocks as appropriate by electronic and manual means.
- Full range of domestic electrical duties, including repairs and maintenance, design, installation, testing, inspection and certification to current regulations.
- Liaise with other trades as necessary.
- Notify the supervisor of any necessary major variations from the work as stated on the works order.
- Maintain safe methods of work at all times.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the task.
To be successful for this Electrician post you will need to have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation) certificate or recognised industry equivalent.
- City and Guilds 2382 (17th Edition) certificate or recognised industry equivalent.
- City and Guilds 2391 (Inspection, Testing and Certification) certificate or recognised industry equivalent.
- Willing to undertake and pass relevant training courses relating to legislation as and when required.
- Conversant with the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671 and Codes of Practice.
- Must have completed recognised craft apprenticeship, together with post apprenticeship experience of repairs, maintenance and installation in domestic, residential and commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and good practice.
- Experience of driving a transit-type van.
- Effective Communicator.
- Electrical work.
- Flexible (hours and activity).
- H and S legislation.
- 2 Years written Referencing (All gaps verified).
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £10.75 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.