City of London, London
£18.61 - £19.61 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our client's offices based in Southwark on a temporary contract basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £18.61 p/h PAYE.
As the Electrical Engineer, your main duties will include:
- To support the Compliance Manager in ensuring contractors electrical works and certification are compliant. To check and agree on EICR reports and coding, to check Fire alarm, Emergency Lighting and Lightning Protection system certification.
- To assist in the preparation of planned preventative maintenance/testing schedules for all communal Electrical services (Fire Alarm & Emergency lighting, Lightning Protection Systems, Electrical Installation Condition Reporting & Communal ventilation system servicing etc). To instruct remedial works as necessary to ensure compliance.
- To provide reports on existing landlords electrical installations and provide professional assistance across a number of workstreams. You should display a constructive response to queries and problems encountered and be able to facilitate the cycle of continuous improvement within Southwark
To be successful for this Electrical Engineer post you will need to have:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of Carrying out site visits, surveys and inspections
- Experience of Preparing and present reports as necessary and/or required.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Must be aware of relevant Health and Safety issues when working on site
- Be able to carry out miscellaneous duties as assigned, which relates to technical duties.
- Be able to ensure that all works are completed within the terms and conditions of the contracts
- Good communication skills for regular Contact with other officers of the Council, contractors; members of the public; outside consultants; statutory authority representatives and clients in matters relevant to own responsibilities within the building services group
- IT Skills
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.