West End, London
£13.92 - £14.61 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking an Electoral Services Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £13.92 Per Hour PAYE.
- To assist the Electoral Services Manager in delivering an efficient electoral service which complies with electoral legislation and meets the performance standards set by the Electoral Commission for electoral registration and elections.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the supervision of approximately 50 temporary staff employed in the annual canvass, allocating them work, checking for accuracy and dealing with any issues relating to the poor performance of the canvassers
- Assist with the preparation and publication of the Register of Electors and the monthly rolling register process within the statutory legal frameworks
- Prepare the Register of Electors, ensuring all additions and amendments are checked and approved before annual publication
- Update and maintain, through the team's IT system, all information relating to the Register of Electors
- Answer complex public telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries that cannot be dealt with by the contact centre advisors
- Administer the sale of printed Electoral Registers and Electoral Register data to the public and organisations, including processing all income in accordance with Financial Regulations
- Assist with maintaining absent voting records, processing absent voting applications and annual refresh forms
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- AEA Foundation course or certificate in Electoral Administration
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good general education and good levels of literacy and numeracy. High levels of accuracy and attention to detail are essential for this role
- Demonstrable use of IT on a daily basis with advanced Word and Excel knowledge
- Experience and/or knowledge of administering elections and electoral registration (or broadly similar roles)
- Experience of using the Xpress elections management software (or other elections management software systems) would be an advantage but training will be provided
- Knowledge of the Borough
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.