£15.78 - £17.35 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
20 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a EHO Food Safety/Standards within the local authorities in Newbury.
Provide professional expertise across a wide range of environmental health and where required wider PPP related matters and use them to maintain and, whenever possible, improve the health, safety and welfare of the district's citizens and visitors. To act using a variety of professional skills, experience and competencies including education and legal enforcement to achieve the aims of the Council
If designated Senior EHO to manage and supervise and/or manage a range of professional and technical staff as allocated.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are dependent on the designation of the post holder (either Senior EHO or EHO). It is expected that the level of supervisory responsibility and independence of the workload will also increase with the 'Senior' status.
- Carry out inspections of all types of premises, land and undertakings and to initiate appropriate actions as a result.
- Respond to service requests, complaints and formal notifications by investigations, inspections, interviews and all other appropriate methods.
- Conduct investigations leading to the production of reports for consideration by the Public Protection Partnership - Joint Case Management including conducting interviews under caution, witness handling, evidence gathering and preparing for and attending court or tribunal.
- Take the lead on research into specialist topics and disseminate information to colleagues in these fields. This may include the supervision of specialist contractors.
- Undertake inspections and associated actions in response to licensing, authorisations, permits, registrations and similar activities.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, colleagues and external agencies.
- EHRB registered
- Experience of working in a fast-moving customer focused environment.
- Previous experience and or qualification in a related field e.g. environmental control, health and safety, housing or planning.
- Specialist qualification in related field e.g. acoustics, air pollution or occupational health and safety
- Demonstrable knowledge investigation framework including PACE, RIPA, POCA and CPIA
- Knowledge and experience of appropriate IT systems
Rate of pay
There could be some flexibility on the rate for the preferred candidate.
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.