£300 - £315 per day
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking an Educational Psychologist to join them in their offices based in West London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months (until the end of the school year).
As an Educational Psychologist, your main duties will include:
- To provide a service of consultation, assessment, advice, planning and development work to a patch of schools
- To provide a service of consultation, assessment, advice, and planning to early years settings and the parents and carers of children attending them as required
- To provide advice to the local authority, including statutory psychological advice as required by the SEN legislation and Code of Practice.
- To contribute to a programme of CPD and other work to develop the capacity of schools to promote the achievement and wellbeing of children and young people provided by the Educational Psychology Service
To be successful for the role of Educational Psychologist, you will need to have:
- Postgraduate training in educational psychology conferring entitlement to registration as a practitioner psychologist by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Applications from candidates expecting to qualify as educational psychologists in 2013 will be considered
- Successful experience working with children or young people
- Knowledge of the educational context and relevant legislation, including the SEN legislation and Code of Practice and the disability legislation.
- Understanding of the context and framework of work in local authorities
- Responsiveness to the needs of commissioners and stakeholders in developing service provision
- Knowledge of a wide range of relevant psychological theory and practice to promote the achievement and well-being of children and young people
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 17:00
Pay rate: £300 per day
Start date: 07/05/2019
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases