£20.12 - £21.16 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Educational Psychologist to join our clients offices based in Bristol on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Educational Psychologist, your main duties will include:
- To provide a psychological support and advisory service to and on behalf of the children and young people of Bath and North East Somerset, working with schools, parents, the Education Department, Social Services, Health Services, and appropriate voluntary bodies.
- To provide an effective consultation, assessment, advice and intervention service for children who may have Special Education Needs and others about whom there may be concern.
- To help schools and others organise and plan so as to minimise children's difficulties at the whole school, or community level.
- To provide in-service training for teachers and other professional groups, and to promote wider understanding of children's needs.
- To link with, inform and advise LA officers and advisers regarding the needs of children and young people.
- To participate in tasks and projects with psychologists and others as appropriate.
- To undertake in-service training, personal appraisal and planned professional development and to contribute to the development of the Service.
- To evaluate, review and adapt the work undertaken within the area in the light of changing needs.
To be successful for this Educational Psychologist post you will need to have:
- An Honours Degree in Psychology - or equivalent - acceptable for Graduate Basis for Registration by the British Psychological Society.
- At least two years qualified teaching experience or equivalent experience working with children/ young people.
- A post-graduate qualification in Educational Psychology
- Competent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen actively, to clarify, to reflect and to challenge assertively
- Knowledge of current psychological theory and research
- The ability to build and maintain constructive working relationships
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.