West End, London
£321.28 - £337.34 per day
23 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Educational Psychologist to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Educational Psychologist, your main duties will include:
- To provide a service of consultation, assessment, advice, planning and development work to a patch of schools
- To provide a service of consultation, assessment, advice, and planning to early years settings and the parents and carers of children attending them as required
- To provide advice to the local authority, including statutory psychological advice as required by the SEN legislation and Code of Practice.
- To contribute to a programme of CPD and other work to develop the capacity of schools to promote the achievement and wellbeing of children and young people provided by the Educational Psychology Service
- All staff are expected to carry out their job in compliance with the Councils Constitution. This means being familiar with the policies and procedures relevant to the job and asking for information and advice if you are unsure of the correct course of action. The Council's Constitution is published on the Internet.
- To develop expertise in a specialist area of educational psychology .
To be successful for this Educational Psychologist post you will need to have:
- Postgraduate training in educational psychology conferring entitlement to registration as a practitioner psychologist by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Applications from candidates expecting to qualify as educational psychologists in 2013 will be considered
- Successful experience working with children or young people
- Knowledge of the educational context and relevant legislation, including the SEN legislation and Code of Practice and the disability legislation.
- Understanding of the context and framework of work in local authorities
- Responsiveness to the needs of commissioners and stakeholders in developing service provision
- Knowledge of a wide range of relevant psychological theory and practice to promote the achievement and well-being of children and young people
18 hours per week
Monday - Wednesday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.