Keighley, West Yorkshire
£09.00 - £11.00 per hour
10 days ago
Our Client is currently seeking an driving coordinator for our local council based in yorkshire,
Driving (Category C1) NEEDED for this role.
Main duties of role:
To manage, develop, enthuse and motivate staff. To take ownership for the visible environment in relation to Street Scene works in the identified area and in particular to the removal of litter, fly-tipping, small scale graffiti and remedial grounds maintenance work. To work to the aims and objectives within the Street Scene Service Plan. To provide and lead a rapid response cleansing service for the removal of litter, graffiti and fly tipping that supplements mainstream street cleaning provision. To provide project based activities in the area to include minor street / open space improvements / repairs. To work closely with communities to identify priorities in the visible environment. To assist in the provision of an effective grounds maintenance service identifying or rectifying problems with mainstream provision.
1. To supervise, organise and manage staff and resources, whilst working alongside the operatives. Will be required to understand and apply written and verbal instructions and to complete daily work sheets and documentation and ensure operatives are fully conversant with the role they undertake and working practices and procedures.
2. To clear litter hot-spots, namely fast-food outlets and areas of high pedestrian activity and remove flytipping
3. To report areas where additional litter-bins could be best placed or replaced if damaged and to identify areas where basic horticultural work can improve the visible environment.
4. To report incidences of Abandoned Vehicles to the dedicated Police officer that deals with Abandoned Vehicles or the Abandoned vehicles officer
5. To report problems of waste and litter to the Enforcement team where there is evidence to secure a successful prosecution.
6. To assist in the undertaking of any educational, promotional and prevention work as required.
7. To provide residents with information regarding Waste Management and Street Scene services e.g. the bulky household waste collection service, recycling etc.
8. liaise with the Environmental Awareness Project to assist with the provision of garden fencing to provide safe play areas within the home environment.
PAYRATE: 9.00 P.H - £11.00 P.H (Can be discussed upon interview stage)
If You are interested in this position - please contact me on:
or alternatively call: 02038902797
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.