City of London, London
£10.55 - £11.08 per annum
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Driver - Special Needs to join our clients offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Driver - Special Needs , your main duties will include:
- To drive a Council vehicle which is transporting clients.
- When needed, assisting clients from their home or other location to the vehicle and help ensure their safety and welfare during the journey.
- To advise named postholders of information relating to the clients transported, i.e. no response to calls, illness etc.
- Undertaking routine maintenance of the vehicle and taking reasonable care at all times for the safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
To be successful for this Driver - Special Needs post you will need to have:
- To have passed the HGV/PSG driving test and have subsequently undertaken substantial mileage as an HGV/ PSG driver, including safely driving in a busy urban environment.
- To hold a clean driving licence which is applicable in the UK.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Aware of safe working practices.
- Able to respond appropriately to client behaviours.
- Able to undertake routine maintenance of motor vehicles and recognise faults with the vehicle needing referral to other services.
- Organised and able to plan out tasks to meet deadlines.
- Customer focused.
Enhanced DBS Required
25 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.