£9.74 - £9.94 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Driver (Days Ops Assistant) to join our clients offices based in Badminton on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Driver (Days Ops Assistant) , your main duties will include:
- Under the guidance of the Operational Manager and Day Opportunity Facilitator, the post holder will assist and support people to participate in meaningful occupation through activities during the day. Also to access opportunities from the community.
- To provide activities which help adults who attend to achieve realistic outcomes including sustaining lifelong skills and improve on their quality of life, as specified within their Assessed and ongoing support needs. This includes personal care and other daily support needs for individuals who attend.
- As well as working at the Centre with Service users this role includes the responsibility of daily driving a minibus to collect service users to/from their homes within South Gloucestershire. To ensure the bus meets H&S specifications which will include internal and external cleanliness.
To be successful for this Driver (Days Ops Assistant) post you will need to have:
- You will be required to complete a Midas test to be able to drive a 16 seater minibus to collect service users to/from the centre and to access community activities. (You must be over 21years, hold a Full driving licence for a minimum of 2 years and either have category D1 recorded on the licence or undertake a 1 day D1 training course and test).
- You will have experience of working with people living with Dementia.
- You will show sensitivity in your work including good empathy, communication and relationship building skills and be aware of positive person centred approaches that work well for people who live with Dementia.
- You will demonstrate the ability to learn relevant practices, Dementia approaches and procedures.
- You will contribute to the care planning process whilst maintaining and updating records for Key Service users.
- You will show sensitivity in your work including good empathy, communication and relationship building skills and be aware of positive person centred approaches that work well for people who live with Dementia
- Desirable: You may be able to demonstrate a knowledge of professional care groups and external contacts e.g. GPs, Community Mental Health team and emergency services.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.