St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £11.55 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
Monday - Friday, 47.5 Hours Per Week, £11.55 Per Hour PAYE
As the Driver, your main duties will include:
- To drive a Council vehicle which is transporting clients.
- When needed, assisting clients from their home or other location to the vehicle and help ensure their safety and welfare during the journey.
- To advise named postholders of information relating to the clients transported, i.e. no response to calls, illness etc.
- Undertaking routine maintenance of the vehicle and taking reasonable care at all times for the safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
To be successful for this Driver post you will need to have:
- To have passed the HGV/PSG driving test and have subsequently undertaken substantial mileage as an HGV/ PSG driver, including safely driving in a busy urban environment.
- To hold a clean driving licence which is applicable in the UK.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Aware of safe working practices.
- Able to respond appropriately to client behaviours.
- Able to undertake routine maintenance of motor vehicles and recognise faults with the vehicle needing a referral to other services.
- Organised and able to plan out tasks to meet deadlines.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.