£10.97 - £11.52 per hour
17 days ago
Our client is seeking a Driver on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- The primary purpose of this post is to assist in the provision of collection and cleansing services within the council.
- As one of a team to contribute to the general management development and review of the Team and Unit both in terms of services provided and staff in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values, policy and other objectives. In doing this to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Collections & Cleansing Managers participate in the formulation of detailed Team objectives.
- With the Collections & Cleansing Managers ensure the effective and efficient implementation and delivery of Council services and the achievement of the Council's objectives.
- To contribute to co-operative working across service areas.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Collection & Cleansing Services teams.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- To be responsible for supervising allocated staff and carrying out operations within collections and cleansing within Bath & North East Somerset which will involve driving and overseeing the safe use of vehicles, plant and machinery.
- Employees at this level would be expected to work with minimal supervision and to accept responsibility for the direction of the work of trainees, agency staff and/or other employees assigned to them.
- To liaise with customers & management on operational matters including advising on potential abuse of services (e.g. Fly tipping, Trade Waste) etc
- In addition having charge of and being responsible for resources of a significant nature (refuse collection vehicles, mechanical sweepers, etc) together with a considerable supervisory role (for example allocation of duties, work rotas, collection of missed bins, completion of rotas and work rounds, etc)
- Regularly check standard of work and maintain and return records in compliance with service quality systems. Implement remedial action as necessary and liaise with the Collections & Cleansing Managers in respect of unresolved problems.
- Responsible for ensuring that all drivers regulations are adhered too.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork attributable to the vehicle or plant and work patterns. (eg defect reporting, drivers hours records, log books, round tick sheets, etc).
- In addition to the usual range of tools and equipment the use of powered hand tools and light plant could be required.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases