Up to £30000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a .Net Developer on a permanent basis to join their team.
The Developers role is to carry out activities related to the ongoing development and support in use by partners across the UK - deployed as both WPF and .ASP.Net solutions on an MSSQL Database platform.
The Developer will also be responsible for ensuring that all systems are developed, maintained and supported using departmental governance techniques around project management, project delivery, change control and reporting
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the application suite.
- Diagnosis and resolution of system, database access and performance issues.
- Coordinate and work with other technical st
- aff to devise and develop solutions and bug fixes to any eventualities arising.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the codebase.
- Ensure all developed code meets business and performance requirements and confirms to coding standards and governance.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Manage the application development in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Provide technical updates to the Development Manager and Product Owner.
- Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to software products.
- Liaise with network administrators and trainers/testers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server SQL & TSQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers) development.
- Microsoft development stack (.Net / ASP.Net / C#)
- Experience of report development using RDL / RDLC
- Good understanding of AJAX, SOAP & JSON
- Good knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Experience of Epos (Electronic Point of Service) solutions beneficial.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Bonus potential up to 12.5% of salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension - employer contribution 7.5%
- Also 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Plus life assurance 3 x salary after completion of the 6-month probationary period
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases