Up to £16.48 per hour
23 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for a Diary Secretary and Mayoral Support Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Leeds.
- To manage and control the Mayor's diary, providing a high-level specialist, professional and confidential executive support service.
- Utilising knowledge of the Combined Authority's priorities to manage enquires from various internal and external stakeholders including Leaders, Councillors, Chief Executives, Senior Civil Servants and Ministers, and press/journalists in a highly professional, efficient, and timely manner.
- To commission and coordinate the production of reports, briefings, and other materials for the Mayor in close liaison with other officers within the Mayoral Office and wider departments.
- Provide professional and confidential secretariat to senior political and officer meetings as needed.
- To provide high level, specialist executive support to the Mayor, including full co-ordination and effective management of diaries, to prioritise and meet deadlines and ensure relevant papers or briefing notes are prepared in a timely manner for meetings.
- Management of Mayor's inbox, including prioritisation, responding, delegating, or drafting of responses on their behalf, as necessary.
- To identify the nature of queries raised to the Mayor and to identify the appropriate individual to resolve these issues and, where necessary, tactfully review the work of others to ensure it addresses the Mayor's needs
- Provide professional and confidential secretariat and policy support to political and senior officer meetings including agenda setting, collating papers, writing reports, and preparing accurate minutes.
- Coordinate mayoral briefings from internal and external stakeholders and ensure that relevant briefing materials are received by the Mayor in a timely manner.
- Using initiative to proactively follow up outstanding actions with senior managers on behalf of the Mayor, advising senior managers on the content and actions emerging from meetings.
- Educated to Degree or equivalent relevant education/ experience.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a political environment.
- Experience of providing confidential Board level support.
- Experience of successfully identifying appropriate communication channels to deliver information
- Significant experience of client relationship and management at a senior level.
Rate of Pay
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 08:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.