£16.06 - £16.48 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Desktop Technician on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £16.06 p/h PAYE
- As part of the IT Service Desk team you will provide our customers with 2nd line support over the phone, via email and face to face.
- You will deliver exceptional customer service through the effective logging, investigation and resolution of IT incidents, problems and requests. This is a very busy and challenging environment. You will be expected to manage a team queue as well as your own call queue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will work as part of a team providing second line support to users based at various locations. You will be responsible for supporting desktop devices.
You will receive, resolve and record requests for support.
Your priority will be to deliver an exceptional end to end service to our customers.
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software
- Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools
- Correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required
- Update the IT asset management system with details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed
- Provide assistance and resolve problems in a professional manner
- You will escalate problems following agreed procedures
- Contribute to the investigation of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software and confirm the correct working of installations
- Provide advice on the use of applications
- Work to continuously improve the service
- Handle calls that come into the Service Desk via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Participate in the rota for the desktop call monitor
- Undertake hardware repairs on PCs, laptops and printers
- Create and update documentation as required
- Supporting remote users
Skills & Experience:
- Customer Support
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Hardware and software installation
- Hardware repair and/or support
- Application Support
- Desktop Support - 1st & 2nd line
- Windows Administration
- A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge
- A relevant Microsoft Certification or equivalent experience
- Report writing and record-keeping
- Systems Administration
- Configuration Management
- Problem Management
- Basic knowledge of Networking principles
- Experience in using App-V 4.6 and System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Providing fit for purpose customer solutions to time, quality and budget
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Creative use of resources to deliver outcomes
- Influencing positive outcomes by using your excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Leading by example to inspire staff and colleagues
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Producing and executing credible and feasible plans and solutions
- Implementing and following best practice.
- Delivering exceptional service in a customer-facing role
- Delivering outcomes in a high-pressure environment
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.