£14.80 - £15.54 per hour
3 months ago
ur client is seeking a Desktop Technician on an initial 2 Month with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £14.80 P/H PAYE
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, you will work as part of a team providing first and second line support to users based at various locations. You will be responsible for supporting desktop devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software
- Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools
- Correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required
- Update the IT asset management system with details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed
- Provide assistance and resolve problems in a professional manner
- You will escalate problems following agreed procedures
- Contribute to the investigation of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software and confirm the correct working of installations
- Provide advice on the use of applications
- Work to continuously improve the service
- Handle calls that come into the Service Desk via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Participate in the rota for the desktop call monitor
- Undertake hardware repairs on PCs, laptops and printers
- Create and update documentation as required
- Supporting remote users
Skills and Experience:
- Providing fit for purpose customer solutions to time, quality and budget
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Creative use of resources to deliver outcomes
- Influencing positive outcomes by using your excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Leading by example to inspire staff and colleagues
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Producing and executing credible and feasible plans and solutions
- Implementing and following best practice.
- Delivering exceptional service in a customer facing role
- Delivering outcomes in a high pressure environment
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.