£16.11 - £16.91 per hour
16 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our clients offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Desktop Support Specialist, your main duties will include:
- Accountable for ensuring Desktop Support Analysts are assisted in answering telephone calls at peak call times and other means of contact ensuring that we deliver to the current applicable operational objectives for resolving all incidents and requests received without escalation outside of the Service Desk function.
- Accountable for ensuring that incident and problem solutions are clearly documented and communicated to all Service Desk staff and , whenever possible, have a knowledge transfer approach by working directly with desktop support technicians in the resolution of incidents, problems and requests.
- Accountable for managing the escalation of incidents, problems and requests to the Infrastructure team for advice, assistance or resolution. Ensure that customers are kept informed of progress by clear and timely communication.
- Responsible for performing remote and onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Accountable for the installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team of Engineers and Application Analysts to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
To be successful for this Desktop Support Specialist post you will need to have:
- Excellent 2nd/3rd line support experience
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience in working a proactive environment with the ability to translate requests into positive service improvement suggestions or requests for change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technology Stack and Active Directory.
- Drivers Licence
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.