£16.11 - £16.92 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £16.11
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are escalated as well as when necessary being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organisation's desktop computing and application system environment.
- Taking full end to end ownership for incidents and problems dealt with including supporting Desktop Support Analysts in support of business system applications and installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all desktop operating IT hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required.
- Taking ownership and direct responsibility for the escalation to the Infrastructure team of incidents and problems that cannot be resolved within the Service Delivery team and still managing these to ensure end to end ownership, effective communication and timely resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring Desktop Support Analysts are assisted in answering telephone calls at peak call times and other means of contact ensuring that we deliver to the current applicable operational objectives for resolving all incidents and requests received without escalation outside of the Service Desk function.
- Accountable for ensuring that incident and problem solutions are clearly documented and communicated to all Service Desk staff and , whenever possible, have a knowledge transfer approach by working directly with desktop support technicians in the resolution of incidents, problems and requests.
- Accountable for managing the escalation of incidents, problems and requests to the Infrastructure team for advice, assistance or resolution. Ensure that customers are kept informed of progress by clear and timely communication.
- Responsible for performing remote and on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off site repair for remote users as needed.
- Accountable for the installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team of Engineers and Application Analysts to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
- As required prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an Asset register for the inventory of all desktop equipment and software.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and technical equipment vendors.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases