£18.03 - £22.22 per hour
28 days ago
5 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our client's offices based in Bournemouth on a temporary contract basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £18.03 p/h PAYE.
As the Desktop Support Engineer, your main duties will include:
- Handle second line support calls, fixing as many at point of contact as possible and efficiently passing any other calls to the correct third line teams or support providers.
- Provide routine maintenance, and be involved in major project implementation, as required.
- Actively identify common and repeat issues or P1 calls and take appropriate action.
- Identify opportunities for calls to be serviced via automated channels wherever possible.
- Proactively keep up to date with all relevant industry ICT technological developments and local ICT systems.
- Investigate and understand customer's requirements and recommend ICT desktop solutions suitable for their needs.
- Liaise effectively with third parties during the support lifecycle of ICT products.
To be successful for this Desktop Support Engineer post you will need to have:
- Knowledge of application packaging and OS deployment using SCCM or similar.
- Practical experience of current hardware and software support including cloud and thin client technologies.
- ECDL, CompTIA, ITIL foundation, A+ or equivalent.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.