£19.62 - £20.60 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking an Desktop Support Engineer on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide second line ICT technical support and installation services for a wide range of software and hardware platforms, including all supported desk based and mobile devices.
Duties and Responsibiltites:
- Handle second line support calls, fixing as many at point of contact as possible and efficiently passing any other calls to the correct third line teams or support providers.
- * Provide routine maintenance, and be involved in major project implementation, as required.
- * Actively identify common and repeat issues or P1 calls and take appropriate action.
- * Identify opportunities for calls to be serviced via automated channels wherever possible.
- * Proactively keep up to date with all relevant industry ICT technological developments and local ICT systems.
- * Investigate and understand customer's requirements and recommend ICT desktop solutions suitable for their needs.
- * Liaise effectively with third parties during the support lifecycle of ICT products.
Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of application packaging and OS deployment using SCCM or similar.
* Practical experience of current hardware and software support including cloud and thin client technologies.
* ECDL, CompTIA, ITIL foundation, A+ or equivalent.
* Highly organised, capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
* Enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a professional level of customer service.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both technically and non-technically.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases