£11.00 - £14.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
To provide comprehensive support to the Council's internal and public decision making processes by compiling and distributing agendas, producing minutes and maintaining the Council's Forward Plan. You will also assist with the Council's election and electoral registration processes. You will be responsible for liaising with a range of Officers from across the Council and will have regular contact with elected Members, members of the public and Senior Officers. The postholder will report to the Principal Policy Officer (Executive Support).
- To provide the Democratic and Electoral Services Manager and the Principal Policy Officers (Executive Support) with support including the compilation and circulation of agendas and drafting of minutes in respect of Corporate Board, Operations Board, Other Internal meetings, Planning Committees, Personnel Committee, Governance and Ethics Committee, the Executive and Full Council and following up any actions arising from these meetings.
- To liaise with colleagues across the Council in support of the efficient operation of the decision making process.
- To be responsible for publishing information and documents to the Council's website.
- To be responsible for providing advice, assistance and training on the Council's Committee Management System (Issue Manager) to colleagues and Members;
- To assist the Member Services Officer as and when necessary to provide support to Members and the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council.
- To support corporate and service specific projects as required.
- To support the Elections Manager with the maintenance of the register of electors.
- To support the Elections Manager with the preparation for and undertaking of all relevant elections.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.