Up to £19.93 per hour + Excellent Benefits
26 days ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Debt Recovery Officer to join our client's offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the , your main duties will include:
- Review ASC debts outstanding and client case files, use relevant and available information to determine what appropriate action needs to be taken, whilst ensuring team procedures and timescales are met and accurate records of actions are maintained
- Liaise and negotiate with ASC clients, their relatives or representatives to ensure payment of arrears, both in writing and by telephone as appropriate
- As required work in conjunction with other Council departments to expedite the collection of ASC income and resolve ongoing payments difficulties, including attending safeguarding strategy meetings as directed
- Attend face to face meetings with clients, their representatives or members of directorates, as required as part of recovery action to facilitate the collection of ASC arrears or resolving client queries. Ensure that meetings are conducted in line with team procedures and risk assessments
- Manage the team's ASC Legal Services case book, including liaising with the County Solicitor and Legal Executive over legal requirements in pursuance of debts, fully preparing cases for legal action and monitor ongoing legal action
To be successful for this post you will need to have:
- Experience of working in credit control or benefit environment
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of front line customer service including call handling and face to face meetings
- Experience of using Microsoft applications to a competent level
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines and adapt to urgent re-prioritising of workload
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure will be required.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.