West End, London
£20.00 - £21.00 per hour
12 days ago
We have a exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Officer to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Data Protection Officer, your main duties will include:
- Manage the end-to-end process for responding to Subject Access Requests: directing Responsible to: Strategy & Delivery Manager Employees directly supervised (if applicable): None Family Tree 2 admin staff in the collation of data, supporting any queries or concerns about the collation process; redacting necessary data, and preparing the final response.
- To implement information handling procedures in line with corporate guidelines.
- To understand the corporate strategy for managing information, and the policies, standards, procedures and methods necessary to implement the strategy, including GDPR.
- To understand and comply with relevant organisational policies and procedures, taking responsibility for assessing and managing risks around the use of information.
- To work alongside the Corporate Information Management Team to co-ordinate directorate responses to Subject Access Requests and Freedom of Information requests
To be successful for this Data Protection Officer post you will need to have:
- Has knowledge and understanding of the appropriate corporate data standards and of the relevant professional and/or legal data standards
- Has knowledge of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulations, and the role of the Information Commissioner; and how these impact practice.
- Has experience of collating and preparing Subject Access Request disclosures. Job Title: Information Governance Officer 4
- Has strong experience of redacting data from documents being released as part of a subject access request, preferably in a housing or social care environment
- Has a broad understanding of IT concepts and practices.
- Can plan and schedule own work within set targets.
- Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving with demonstrable verbal and written communications skills.
- Has an ability to work in a high-pressured environment, at a fast-pace, and amid ambiguity and changing priorities
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.