West End of London
£20.00 - £21.00 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Data Protection Officer on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37.5 Hours a week
Monday - Friday
The purpose of the role is to support the directorate in managing information, and in maintaining and implementing information handling procedures, particularly in relation to responding to Subject Access Requests (SAR); however from time to time and as necessary, also Freedom of Information requests (FOI), and in ensuring General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is complied with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key duties of the Information Governance Officer are:
* Manage the end-to-end process for responding to Subject Access Requests: directing Responsible to: Strategy & Delivery Manager Employees directly supervised (if applicable): None Family Tree 2 admin staff in the collation of data, supporting any queries or concerns about the collation process; redacting necessary data, and preparing the final response.
* To implement information handling procedures in line with corporate guidelines.
* To understand the corporate strategy for managing information, and the policies, standards, procedures and methods necessary to implement the strategy, including GDPR.
* To understand and comply with relevant organisational policies and procedures, taking responsibility for assessing and managing risks around the use of information.
* To work alongside the Corporate Information Management Team to co-ordinate directorate responses to Subject Access Requests and Freedom of Information requests.
* Co-ordination of directorate responses to Grenfell SARs.
* Maintain and monitor a timeline of SARs and to follow up/chase responses to ensure timescales are met * Work alongside Corporate Information Management Team to ensure alignment with corporate processes and standards.
* Advise on the collection and collation of data for SARs.
* Redact relevant parts of documents and information to be disclosed.
* Prepare the final SAR disclosure to be sent * Support colleagues by cross-checking work, and taking part in quality assurance exercises.
Skills and Experience:
Has knowledge and understanding of the appropriate corporate data standards and of the relevant professional and/or legal data standards * Has knowledge of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulations, and the role of the Information Commissioner; and how these impact practice.
* Has experience of collating and preparing Subject Access Request disclosures.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases