City of London, London
£16.02 - £16.82 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Data Administrator on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To support the letterbox service for ALS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To organise and arrange indirect contact as agreed in Adoption Support Plans.
- To create and maintain an up to date database of letterbox contact to ensure that letters are received and sent at appropriate times per the Adoption Support Plan.
- To keep appropriate records and tracking.
- To understand appropriate language in letters, gifts and photos in indirect contact.
- To organise and support adopters and birth families about the types of appropriate contact.
- To liaise with birth families and adopters to ensure the contact is fit for purpose
- The ability to redact files sensitive information and discuss appropriate letterbox content with adopters and birth families.
- To keep case management records and data up to date and upload copies of letters received.
- To provide advice and support to birth and adoptive families about letterbox contact to ensure all contact is arranged per the Adoption Support Plan.
- To liaise with the Letterbox Lead where there are issues about letterbox contact.
- To undertake contact reviews with social work teams as required.
- To assist with support workshops and feedback systems for adopters, children and birth families.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge regarding the types of contact in post adoption and appropriate letterbox content and expectations.
- Understanding about safeguarding practices in relation to post adoption contact.
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, the needs of vulnerable children and their families.
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Children services function.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Achieving a range of tasks whilst managing competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to deal with people in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Understanding of best practice models within Social Work, with and commitment to the underlying principles of openness, transparency, leadership and accountability.
- Ability to understand and retain information about children cases including social work interventions and the roles of different agencies in meeting children needs.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, including summarising information about children and families and drafting letters to members of the public and other agencies.
- Computer literacy and the necessary skills to maximise the potential of information management systems and produce good quality data in a variety of formats.
- Ability to manage competing demands, work methodically, think systematically and achieve targets.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, engaging and sharing information with colleagues and external partners.
- Drafting correspondence and writing reports for a range of different audiences.
- Working with word processing packages at a speed commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
For this job role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- Enhanced DBS.
- 5 Years written Referencing (All gaps verified).
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.