Newton Abbot, Devon
£9.00 - £9.45 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Support Officer on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To put into practice the Council's vision for a digital first approach to service delivery, encouraging and supporting customers to self-serve from our suite of quality online services
- To provide first point of contact resolution for routine enquiries across all service areas and all access channels: telephone, email/web, face to face and written correspondence
- To update and maintain customer records across a range of services to ensure data is accurate and up to date at all times
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To respond with courtesy, understanding and sensitivity to a wide range of queries received across all access channels.
- To encourage and support customers to resolve their query online, by encouraging creation of self-serve accounts and signposting to relevant digital forms enabling customers to self-serve with confidence.
- To use initiative and problem solving skills to correctly identify and resolve customer enquiry at first point of contact. Handing off only where query is overly complex and requiring of specialist support
- To work flexibly to meet demand, covering all aspects and roles of the Customer Support function, including that of floorwalker, call handler and face to face adviser and to effectively manage own time in accordance with the rota and resource needs.
Skills and Experience-
- Relevant experience of complex customer service delivery either face to face on the telephone, dealing with the public directly in a service provider environment.
- Literacy and numeracy skills required
- Ability to influence and empower customers to try new behaviours and acquire digital skills
- Ability to deal with distressed, irate, and aggressive members of the public in a sympathetic and tactful manner
- Able to work under sustained pressure and deal with difficult situations
- Strong technical and IT competencies, able to learn new processes and systems effectively
- Ability to create effective working relationships
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.