£8.19 - £8.60 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The job holder will be first point of contact with members of the public, partners, agencies and other OCC teams and services. They will be expected to deliver an efficient and effective service to customers whilst maintaining high standards of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with basic enquiries from the public, OCC staff and partner agencies
- via a variety of channels, be able to signpost service users appropriately and escalate enquires and complaints as necessary.
- Support customers to use digital services
- Undertake basic administrative duties relating to services within Facilities Management or the wider council. This includes but is not limited to the provision of information and support with completion of forms and applications by service users and where appropriate process requests and issue documentation; the management of records and financial actions.
- Promote the Council, provide information on a range of services and participate in promotional and developmental activities and events across the service
- Logging information onto various systems, appropriate to the service
- Supporting the delivery of tasks which help customers to use our buildings ( moving tables, setting up rooms etc).
- Carry out all duties which are appropriate to the post as determined by the Team Leader and work as part of a team, including with our volunteers, in order to achieve shared objectives.
- Familiarisation with the Council's policies on safeguarding children and Vulnerable adults and acting in accordance to the inter-agency safeguarding procedures of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding boards whenever you have a safeguarding concern about a child or an adult
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of Equal Opportunities for all, in employment and the delivery of services.
- In line with Oxfordshire County Council guidance it has been identified that certain roles may fall within the regulated activity definition requiring an enhanced DBS check with child's barred list check and a three year renewal.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous customer service experience within a Local Authority or similar environment.
- Takes responsibility for delivering excellence in customer service through active feedback and a good understanding of diverse customers and service delivery channels.
- ICT skills
- Ability to manage and guide calls and enquiries effectively.
- Ability to guide, supervise and allocate work of others as required
- Ability to deputise for manager in their absence and be designated key holder and undertake building management activities.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases