£10.14 - £11.14 per hour
about 1 month ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Services Officer to join our client's offices based in Yate on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £10.14 p/h PAYE.
As the Customer Services Officer, your main duties will include:
- To provide a telephone service for the hours the Contact Centre is open. This involves dealing with queries and requests from the public, service users, and other professional organisations.
- Taking calls about safeguarding concerns, asking relevant questions to gather appropriate information for senior officers to consider.
- Taking contacts over the telephone, e-mail and post, gathering all relevant information. This will involve careful and sensitive discussion with the caller as well as contacting other relevant people to gain full information and urgency of the request and accurately documenting this information.
- To follow up written contacts with telephone calls, as directed.
- To give callers information over the telephone and signpost them to other service providers that may be able to meet some or all of their needs. The post holder will need to have a thorough knowledge of the services provided by the Children, Adults and Health Department, the services provided by (or with) partner agencies such as the Primary Care Trust, other services across the Council, and services provided by external agencies and the voluntary sector.
To be successful for this Customer Services Officer post you will need to have:
- A good team worker with the ability to work alone, by working effectively under pressure using initiative and be responsible for own judgments.
- Good communication and with relevant Customer Care skills and experience of dealing with the public within a pressurised environment.
- A high standard of administrative abilities, including a high level of proficiency in word processing/keyboard skills.
- Relevant experience of working in an office environment, including the use of database systems to look up and input information.
- Need to be adaptable, flexible and co-operative in approach.
- The equivalent of a minimum of 3 GCSE's at Grade C or above, (including Maths and English) or relevant experience.
- Previous experience of entering data into the AIS Client Index (or other complex database)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.