City of London, London
£10.55 - £11.08 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Services Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns or requests for Housing Benefit and Council Tax services. To deliver Customer Service excellence by telephone, email, letters or text across a range of Council services ensuring swift resolution for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- To deal with telephone and face to face enquiries, emails, letters and texts from customers in a professional manner.
- To interrogate the Council's systems to provide information and resolution to our customers. Raise service requests and update system notebooks as appropriate.
- To record and maintain customer records, comply with Council policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality of customer information at all times. Ensure your duties are undertaken with regard and compliance of the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- iTo be sensitive to the needs of our diverse local community whilst ensuring swift and appropriate action for our customers.
- To demonstrate empathy and professionalism at all times in an environment that can sometimes be demanding and stressful.
- To be a team player in a customer focused team, contributing to meetings, team building and continuous improvement.
- To actively participate in training and development to develop your skills and competencies.
- To process and record debit and credit card payments by our customers.
- To encourage and assist customers to access Council services, forms and information via the Councils website.
- To ensure swift resolution to a range of enquiries from our customers at the first point of contact to avoid the need to call or visit the Council for the same matter again.
- To process and record action taken to resolve or deal with enquiries from our customers within the remit of a Customer Service Officer or ensure resolution through liaison with other Council services or officers.
- Perform any other duties consistent with responsibilities and level for the role.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Council's Health & Safety policy.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases