£9.74 - £10.23 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Services Advisor on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £9.74 P/H PAYE
To provide a front-line customer-focused service across multiple channels of access To record and respond to queries and service requests, escalating issues as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- provide an effective and customer-focused response to queries and service requests from the public, elected members, businesses or partner organisations both written and verbal.
- ensure that queries and service requests are accurately and appropriately recorded and referred for action in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures and maintain an up to date knowledge of both.
- exercise proper integrity in respect of confidential matters and to ensure compliance with the requirements of Data Protection.
- undertake such other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework. Additional duties and responsibilities at Grade F To resolve disputes showing empathy and active listening techniques to de-escalate potentially challenging situations. To develop and maintain an effective working relationship with back office and to interpret and resolve service issues or queries.
- To provide service specific training and development as needed and agreed with Team Leaders.
- To support the Customer Services Management Team as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding how to deliver excellent customer service in a customer service environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills combined with a professional telephone manner
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good keyboard Skills
- Familiar with use of web browsers
- Familiarity with Microsoft office
- Ability to learn new software applications
- Competent with the use of telephony equipment
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to maintain service standards when under pressure
- Enthusiasm for customer satisfaction
- Ability to be flexible in work to support customer demand
- To display a positive attitude
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.