South East London, London
Up to £13.59 per hour
8 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 08:50 - 17:05. At a pay rate of £13.59 Per Hour PAYE.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns or requests
- To deliver Customer Service excellence by telephone, email, letters or text across a range of Council services ensuring swift resolution for our customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deal with telephone and face to face enquiries, emails, letters and texts from customers in a professional manner.
- To interrogate the Council's systems to provide information and resolution to our customers. Raise service requests and update system notebooks as appropriate.
- To record and maintain customer records, comply with Council policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality of customer information at all times. Ensure your duties are undertaken with regard and compliance of the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- To be sensitive to the needs of our diverse local community whilst ensuring swift and appropriate action for our customers. To demonstrate empathy and professionalism at all times in an environment that can sometimes be demanding and stressful.
- To be a team player in a customer focused team, contributing to meetings, team building and continuous improvement. To actively participate in training and development to develop your skills and competencies.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of customer services, preferably in a Local Government environment
- Educated to GCSE level including English Language and Maths or work experience of at least equivalent level.
- Experience of working within an operational service delivery environment
- Experience of dealing directly with and advising customers
- Experience of using computer systems including Microsoft Office and/or other work related systems
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.