about 1 month ago
1 Month +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor to join our busy offices based in on a temporary basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week.
As the Customer Service Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Effectively handle inbound and outbound telephone calls and e-mails (plus any other relevant channels of communication) from members of the public, service users, internal departments and representatives of other agencies, and provide a prompt, high-quality response to their enquiry, query or complaint.
- Create and maintain accurate records of customer interactions, including requests, bookings, payments, account updates, job allocation and creation.
- Staff the Council's main reception desk. Provide an effective face to face contact with customers at the main reception and on an individual basis at customer service points. Answer general enquiries. Manage visitors to the Council and appropriately signpost them to meetings and other Council facilities, as well as dealing with general duties such as the provision of supplies.
- Establish the nature of each contact and respond by giving direct information or by interacting between the caller and the appropriate service or external agency, working to agreed Customer Service quality standards.
- Take ownership of calls by researching relevant information using all available resources and ensure that outstanding tasks and administration are followed up and dealt with to the satisfaction of both the customer and the Council.
- Liaise with other services and agencies to ensure effective service delivery and escalate calls as required.
- Deliver a customer-focused service which reflects the standards set out in the Council's Customer Care Policy and Customer Service Excellence Standard.
- Actively engage with customers and service providers to enable continuous service improvement by understanding and promoting service enhancements.
- Encourage customers to use the most effective channels and processes to obtain service.
- Assist with the delivery of staff training, offering advice and guidance as required to new members of staff.
To be successful for this Customer Service Advisor post you will need to have:
- NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service.
- Experience of providing quality customer service information or advice by telephone and face to face.
- Knowledge of computer programmes such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience in a customer service centre/call centre environment.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Awareness of data protection and confidentiality
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.