Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £11.10 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor to join our busy offices based in on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.10 p/h PAYE
As the Customer Service Advisor, your main duties will include:
- To be responsible for answering specific and general enquiries and giving advice to members of the public, other departments and outside agencies who contact the council on a basis of resolution at the first point of contact where appropriate or the detailed transfer of unresolved enquiries.
- Responsible for taking payments via all channels, including responsibility for daily balancing, making repayment arrangements, handling cash/cheque payments where appropriate, in compliance with all audit requirements
- To operate all relevant computer and support systems (e.g. Customer Relationship Management system, Advanced Telephony Technology and alarms) in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To operate all relevant equipment in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To operate all relevant manual systems/processes in order to support and process the customer enquiry.
- To support face to face and electronic channel enquiries i.e. Internet, text messaging where appropriate.
- To collate information, provide statistical data and extract reports on all services provided from both computer and manual sources.
- To actively contribute and seek to continuously improve the service by ensuring that all computer data, administrative systems, procedure manuals are maintained and kept fully up to date.
To be successful for this Customer Service Advisor post you will need to have:
- Relevant experience in a customer services/call centre/office environment or dealing with customers, commitment to quality customer care.
- Experience of computer software applications e.g. word processing & spreadsheets, Customer Relationship Management & Advanced Telephony Technology.
- General clerical skills
- Must demonstrate an organised and methodical approach to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Interest and commitment to working with vulnerable persons and an awareness of the types of problems they experience
- Commitment to customer care, and adaptable to able to switch between service enquiries.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.