£11.41 - £13.99 per hour + PAYE
6 months ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor to join our busy offices based in Oxford on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.41 - £13.99 p/h PAYE.
As the Customer Service Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Answering enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, webchat, social media and face-to-face from members of the public and partner agencies including medical professionals, the Police and the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Researching information for customers and either resolving their enquiries or directing them to a relevant and more appropriate service.
- Completion of an initial assessment including referrals for adult social care.
- Prioritise and place service users on social care allocation lists.
- Assessment for and ordering of disability aids.
- Identify and complete adult safeguarding referrals.
- Completion of Carers assessments, support plans and reviews.
- Responding to general enquiries relating to children's social care and children's safeguarding concerns via telephone and email, and responsible for checking social care databases and accurately recording relevant information on forms for internal teams including the Probation service and external partners including the Police and Ofsted.
- Ability to make independent decisions and identify when to refer complex enquiries to relevant specialists in the team, and other teams within the organisation.
- Dealing tactfully with complaints and escalating service user complaints appropriately; passing relevant feedback to managers to improve service delivery.
- Using a range of in-house database systems to search, read and enter service user details, and Microsoft Office including knowledge of Outlook and Word.
- Recording service-specific statistics for monitoring purposes.
- Ability to work as part of a team as relevant, to deliver the best outcomes for service users, and met and exceed team aims and objectives.
- Ability to support less experienced members of staff through development and training activities using a coaching style.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, supporting the management team to implement changes. Identify and change incorrect or missing information within the knowledge base.
To be successful for this Customer Service Advisor post you will need to have:
- A genuine interest in helping people with the ability to actively listen to service users, and to communicate clearly and openly in writing and verbally to establish needs, inform and instruct using a range of channels including telephone, email, webchat, social media and face to face.
- Good administrative and ICT skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and process information accurately and in a methodical and organised way using a range of computer applications and information databases.
- Previous customer services experience or a view on what excellent customer service is.
- A keen interest in social and health care services and related fields.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.