£10.14 - £10.65 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Advisor on an initial 8 Month contract with the possibility if an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Saturday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £10.14 P/H PAYE
Provide high quality customer service across the Council's Customer Service access channels, acting as an 'advocate' for the customer. Deliver a variety of service requests by accessing Council services. Pro-actively manage the life cycle of the service request.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a range of Council Services using the Councils Customer Relationship Management system, in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Provide information and advice to customers in the most appropriate format to meet their needs.
- Ensure that payment activities are undertaken in accordance with the Council's financial regulations.
- Undertake administrative tasks and make telephone calls as required to progress enquiries from customers, ensuring the efficient functioning of the Customer Service operation.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of regulations covering services delivered by Customer Services.
- Actively promote the Council by informing customers of other services that may be relevant or of interest to them.
- Assist in ensuring that information provided to Customer Service by Directorates for the use in the delivery of services is up to date and correct.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development and to take part in any training considered relevant to the role.
- Co-operate in ensuring that the Council's obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and supporting regulations are met in respect of the Customer Service operation.
- The business requirement will involve working on a rota basis covering Monday to Saturday between the hours of 08.00 - 19.00.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of regulations covering one or more of the following; Benefits, Council Tax, Environmental Services, Housing Services and Social Services, or commitment to acquire this knowledge.
- Knowledge of policy issues having a bearing on customer service for Local Authorities
- Welsh language skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Ability to practically apply customer service policies in an operational environment.
- Keyboard skills and an understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
- Diplomatic yet approachable.
- Able to act with confidence and assertiveness, as well as tact and diplomacy.
- A proven contribution to improvement of services in response to customer need and aspiration.
- Ability to deliver the implementation of change.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.