£19.74 - £25.25 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 2 months ago
An exciting 1month opportunity (with the possibility of an extension) for a Customer Service Adviser (Revenues Specialist) within the local authorities in Worthing.
Principal purpose of job
To be the first point of contact for Adur & Worthing residents and customers who contact the councils by telephone regarding their Council Tax, to make an assessment of customer needs and to resolve customer enquiries at the first point of contact whenever possible, so that service colleagues can focus on the more complex enquiries and/or on our more vulnerable customers.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities
- Provide excellent service when dealing with customers, in accordance with the Council's customer service standards. Ensure customers receive a warm, welcoming, professional service and are provided with a contact name for any further action associated with their enquiry.
- Develop and maintain good general knowledge of the councils' computer systems, digital platforms, software systems and applications, in particular the council tax Academy system in order to record and answer customer enquiries quickly and accurately. Be ready to access a range of systems simultaneously or in sequence as required
- Take ownership and responsibility for resolving enquiries at the first point of contact whenever possible. Advise the customer on next steps, so that their expectations are managed and the need for further contact regarding the same query is reduced. Acknowledge issues that the council cannot resolve and signpost the customer to alternative support providers when possible.
- Promote to customers the alternative means by which they can access information or request actions e.g. make them aware of self-service online options as these are developed.
- Guide and assist customers to shift contact channels, and be ready to support multi-channel access by liaising with customers via webchat, e-forms, phone, face to face contact and social media as appropriate
- Meet/exceed all applicable performance targets/key performance indicators in relation to enquiry handling and adviser productivity. Participate in all training and coaching offered in these areas and be responsive to new ideas and changing circumstances e.g the introduction of alternative contact channels such as online applications/web chat etc and/or increased use of floor walking to proactively greet and triage customers who visit the councils in person.
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 08:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.