Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly
£10.14 - £10.65 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Advisor on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Provide high quality customer service across the Council's Customer Service access channels, acting as an advocate for the customer.
- Deliver a variety of service requests by accessing Council services.
- Pro-actively manage the life cycle of the service request.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a range of Council Services using the Councils Customer Relationship Management system, in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Provide information and advice to customers in the most appropriate format to meet their needs.
- Ensure that payment activities are undertaken in accordance with the Council's financial regulations.
- Undertake administrative tasks and make telephone calls as required to progress enquiries from customers, ensuring the efficient functioning of the Customer Service operation.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of regulations covering services delivered by Customer Services.
- Actively promote the Council by informing customers of other services that may be relevant or of interest to them.
- Assist in ensuring that information provided to Customer Service by Directorates for the use in the delivery of services is up to date and correct.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development and to take part in any training considered relevant to the role.
- Co-operate in ensuring that the Council's obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and supporting regulations are met in respect of the Customer Service operation.
- The business requirement will involve working on a rota basis covering Monday to Saturday between the hours of 08.00 - 19.00.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally with a variety of people.
- Ability to apply creative thinking to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to deal with complex situations.
- Ability to develop own skills.
- Effective communicator and good listening skills.
- Willingness to accept ownership of an issue, through to resolution.
- Previous experience and proven ability in the delivery of customer services.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Written references.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.